Debtors can come up with some pretty creative excuses when explaining why they haven’t paid a bill.
These are my favourites from a list of 101 whoppers collected by an answering service in the U.S.
- My wife is in the loony bin, I have no money, and no one will buy the boat I own with two other people! But, even if I sell the boat my third is only $100 which is only 1/10 of what I owe you….
- I have better things to do than pay my debts.
- I would love to pay the bill, but I don’t want to!
4. You want money? Yeah, and the people in hell want ice water too.
- My mother’s cheque bounced. How can I pay you. I have no money!!!!
- I’m bankrupt, so I’ll just call my lawyer and have him add you to the list.
7. I went to have my palm read and the lady said I had a very short life line. I figured I’m going to die very soon, so why bother.
- You’re looking for payment of a July invoice? (gails of laughter) We’re just starting to pay last December’s invoices.
- I have just been shot by an intruder. I am losing blood quickly. Can you call back later?
- I’m behind?!?! ..Well, why didn’t you call sooner?!?!
Here’s the link to the website: http://www.trmcweb.com/